Europa-List: Trigear Tires

Subject: Europa-List: Trigear Tires
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:35:47
 12/21/2004 01:35:52 PM,
        Serialize complete at 12/21/2004 01:35:52 PM

I had a worn main gear tire blow this week end after about 75 h and maybe
200 landings.
Fortunately it blew in the hangar after landing and taxiing.
The Seffner wisdom is that this is about the best one can expect with the
supplied tires
and landing on real terra firma, eq., concrete.

I ordered Goodyear Flight Special II 6ply 500-5 and tubes from Desser for
over $200. total.
I will report back on the experience with these tires (although I hope it
will take more than a year!!)
Has anyone real-life experience with the other brands?

Has anyone tried swapping the 5" wheels to 6" wheels for better turf
performance and the ability
to get "Monster" retreads with double the tread depth of cheap tires (see
http://www.desser.com/epdf/ACJuneFinal04-dtr.pdf )

Ira

Ira N224XS flying