Re: Europa-List: Harnesses - the ongoing saga

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Harnesses - the ongoing saga
From: N55XS <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:53:17

JEFF ROBERTS wrote:

>>Jeff,
>>
>>...very sweet...I was wondering how you would respond to this thread
>>after
>>just having installed your well-crafted carpet job!
>>

>  Quick question to you Jeff,
>What type of carpet did you use for lightest weight and what type of
>bonding agent did you use to bond it in? It does look good.
>Thanks,
>Jeff
>A258

The carpet is from Auto Zone.  You'll find it in the floor mat section.
It is very light, will contour to different shapes and not expensive.
The adhesive is a 3M product that is used to bond vinyl tops on cars.
Very strong, and fairly expensive at around $12. for a 15 oz spray can.
All total, I figure I have around $100. in the carpet job.  Over half of
that is the adhesive.  I can live with that... :)

--
Jeff - A055
Builders Log: http://www.N55XS.com