Re: Europa-List: Bonding on top

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Bonding on top
From: N55XS <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:28:43

Ken Gresham wrote:

>    Many thanks to all who responded to my query. All responses have been saved
for reference. The build so far has been straightforward and easy, but at this
stage there seems so much to consider all at once that I find myself having
difficulty narrowing the scope of the project to one task at a time. Physically
building the plane is not the hard part for me, it's the decisions about things
that are subjective, such as where to place antennaes and routing of wiring.
One of my problems is that no one in my locall EAA chapter has any interest
in my project, or any project for that matter. All of you on this list are a
great source of knowledge and inspiration, though sometimes all of the diverse
opinions make it harder to know which way to go. I don't get on the list very
often but I am lurking out here reading all the correspondence. I'll probably
be asking a lot more questions frm now on. Patience please!

>Thanks again,
>
>Ken Gresham
>Delavan, IL
>A268 Tri-gear
>Flying surfaces built, wings ready to close (except for wiring), cockpit module
in, and gear on. working on all to do before bonding on top.

Ken,

Like most of the major "milestones", such as bonding cockpit module,
closing the wings and gluing in windscreens, bonding the top on is a
scary thing.  That is, until you do it,  Then you ask yourself, "what
was the big deal".  It's really not that hard.  Just takes a bit of
planning.  I did all the landing gear reinforcement in the rear of the
CP module, before bonding the top on.  Gaining access to install the
gear, ribs and other things in the back of the airplane were just not
that big a deal.  Triple check that you've done everything you can in
the tail section and give it a go...

--
Jeff - A055
Almost ready to paint the airframe...