Europa-List: Bonding on top

Subject: Europa-List: Bonding on top
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:41:11

>The short answer:  You do as much as you possibly can.
>
>The long answer:  All the stuff in the build manual plus: antennas;
>comm, nav, transponder and the coax to support them; fuel pump wiring;
>stabilator trim wiring; lighting wiring, if installed; Battery, master
>relay, relay wiring and battery cables, if installed in back; electric
>flap wiring, if a tri-gear; ELT wiring, if installed behind bulkhead;
>ventilation, if you go that route; fuel drains, if installed as per
>Europa Factory Mod 33.  As much other wiring as you can.
>
>I installed Bob Archer antennas.  Comm antenna in the tail

Ken
you do everything that Bob said plus:--
fit tailplane travel limit stops and adjust tailplane deflections. This job
is a brute with the top on. Go for 5 deg nose down and 13 nose up.
It's also worth setting up the aileron and flap deflections too.
Fit the sternpost in the bottom half, cleco on the top then set up the
rudder. You should be using a pushrod (the Classic was done this way, I
sell the bits to do it) for the rudder not the cables which have the
capability to pull the bracket off if the pilot panics and pushes hard on
both pedals. (Happened once)
Graham
Graham