RE: Europa-List: S/Steel Classic Exhausts ex Europa

Subject: RE: Europa-List: S/Steel Classic Exhausts ex Europa
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:00:12

--> <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>

>Gidday,
I was one of the guys waiting for a minimum of 10 people to confirm
their
intent to buy an Classic Stainless Steel exhaust. The latest is that the

manufacturer is not going ahead with the production run because there
are
stock levels at Europa 2004. He did tell me however that the stock is
old
stock and has not been adjusted for the problems identified by Nigel
Charles. So, he asked me to contact Europa 2004 and ask them to give him
call, to get the stock returned for the adjustment. I haven't been able
get in contact with them, principally because being on the other side of

the world time zone wise phone calls always clash with family
responsibilities and sleep leaving e-mail as the easiest form of
communication, and to my knowledge that is not possible. I hope so soon.
If you are interested therefore in one of these exhausts that are "not
---From
a current run", be aware that without modification they won't fit
easily,
and as I recall from Nigels experience, led to several many hours
nutting
out a fix, involving the manufacturer. To get something from the other
side
of the world and have to return it for rectification is a situation I
would
like to guard myself and others from, being my intent of this message.<

CKT(who do much of the metal forming for Europa, both the old and new
company) is run by Chris Piper who has made great efforts to correct the
jigging problem associated with the Classic stainless exhaust. I hasten
to add that CKT was not responsible for the original setting up of this
exhaust and I think it admirable that Chris has sorted this problem when
it was not of his making in the first place. I know that he will be
intent on making sure that none of the old stock exhausts are dispatched
to customers before the necessary correction has been made. I know Andy
Draper is well aware of the situation so potential customers have no
reason to be concerned in this respect. Anyone using an old unmodified
exhaust should regularly inspect the port aft manifold for signs of
cracking. They should also consider getting the manifold modified,
either by CKT if in the UK, or by a suitably qualified welder if abroad.
For those abroad I suggest they contact me for advice before proceeding
so that I can help them identify the corrective work necessary.

Nigel Charles
Europa Club Mods Rep