Re: Europa-List: Wing tanks

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing tanks
From: UVTReith@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:21:46

In einer eMail vom 23.10.2004 15:17:30 Westeurop=E4ische Sommerzeit schreibt
paul.mcallister@qia.net:

-->  Europa-List message posted by: "Paul McAllister"
<paul.mcallister@qia.net>

Hi all,

I believe one of the  very early Europa builder did this, I think his name
was Walter  Binder.  He added wing tanks, a glider tow hook, put the flap
retract  mechanism inside the wing and did some modifications to the
windscreen /  cowl area.  He was mostly involved with gliders and was
interested in  drag reduction.  I am sure that other forum members that have
been  around longer than me can provide more accurate information, but I  know
that this guy has never participated in the Europa  community.

Paul

> Hi Mattias,
>     I don't know of any  Europa with wing tanks, don't think
> they would take weight and strain.  you can of course fit the temporary
tank
> in the baggage  bay.

Hallo Mattias and others, who are interested in this.

Walter Binder made this with a " Classic Europa Monowheel ".
I suppose, it's much easier to install tanks in foam wings than now with  the
ready build up wings.

You can contact him under:
Walter Binder Motzorenbau GmbH
049-(0)9777-9200 (fon)  049-(0)9777-9201 (fax)  or per  e-mail:
_097779200@t-online.de_ (mailto:097779200@t-online.de)

Kind Regards,

Bruno Reith / kit 379 XS Monowheel