Re: Europa-List: Nextel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Nextel
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:28:46

I've used "bumper paint" on the top off the panel. This is just ordinary
2-pack isocyanate in any colour of choice, with or without plasticiser (its
not needed), a texturiser (small uniformly graded "bits", in a choice of a
range of sizes (eg fine medium or course)) and a flattening agent (which
removes the gloss).

Its tough and easy to clean.

Only mistake I made was not to put in enough flattener, resulting in
reflections from the panel top onto the inside of the windscreen in strong
sunlight.

Duncan McF.