Re: Europa-List: Attaching the doors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Attaching the doors
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:44:35

> This nut is 1/4inch thick, but the rear tang is only 5/16inch thick.
Therefore the
> remaining tang would be too thin and flimsy to withstain door forces. (the
> front tang is thicker but still questionable). . . . . . . .
>         What has been your experience?

Ferg,

I agree with Brian about the bonding surface area.

I had very little meat left too on a couple of the holes.  Think I used a
spade bit and drilled the holes a little at a time until nut was just flush.
Make sure you give the gel coat and bonding surface of the hinges a good
scuff sanding.

. . . .  don't worry, be happy !

Kingsley