Europa-List: Attaching the doors

Subject: Europa-List: Attaching the doors
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:42:09

Another cry for help..............
In attempting to attach the doors, I read that the #10 hardware which holds
the hinges requires that the upper surface to the 'tang' which holds the
hinge be inset for enough depth to contain the MS21042 nut. This nut is
1/4inch thick, but the rear tang is only 5/16inch thick. Therefore the
remaining tang would be too thin and flimsy to withstain door forces. (the
front tang is thicker but still questionable).
        Am I the exception or has this been hashed over before [couldn't
find a suitable topic in the archives]?
        What has been your experience?
Cheers,
Ferg A064