Europa-List: Nextel

Subject: Europa-List: Nextel
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:44:44

>Has anyone used the above product on their aeroplane - If so, is it easy stuff
>to use? The panel on our classic needs some re-work so I'm going to buy a set
>of blank panels from Europa and cut the holes where we want them. The
>instrument
>pod is finished in Nextel so, it would be nice to spray the new panel to match
>(as long as its reasonably straight forward).

Nextel is a very specialized paint, needs its own primer and although it
looks very nice when new, tends to pick up dirt and dust easier than  other
finishes. You cannot buy less than a 1 liter kit or both primer and finish.
I would prefer to black anodize the aluminium parts, that looks equaly
smart IMHO
graham