Re: Europa-List: Fuses, (Fast, Slow or Fat), CB's or Fusible Links ???

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuses, (Fast, Slow or Fat), CB's or Fusible Links ???
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:41:38

Paul McAllister wrote:
> I used cartridge fuses but if I was to do it again I would make my own
> fusible links.

Paul,

Could you tell me please what sort of cartridge fuses you used and the
method of retainment and connection to wires.

What do you see as the advantage with fusible links?  Europa call out a 10
awg wire to the Main Bus which means a 14 awg F.L. would have to be used.
This is much larger than what B&C or Bob Nuckolls seem to like ??  B&C do
say on their website though to contact them if you wish to go bigger than a
20 awg F.L.

I had gone cold on fusible links because e.g. in the case of a 16 awg feed,
the current is limited to that of a 20 awg wire.  It seems to me by using a
fuse or CB, the full current carrying potential of the wire can be realised.
Tell me if I'm wrong please.

Regards
Kingsley