Re: Europa-List: NSI/Subaru MOGAS Clearance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: NSI/Subaru MOGAS Clearance
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:10:17

<Tim.Butterworth@CVLUK.COM>

> As is the want with PFA aircraft I have a list of 'jobs' and one on
the list was
> to get cleared for MOGAS.
> Do you have US clearance information for MOGAS?

For U.S. amateur-builts, you can use backyard corn liquor w/o FAA
approval if it'll work.  Though maybe not too helpful, we in U.S.
might wonder how the PFA would be a bar to using mogas.  FAA requires,
for production aircraft, a Supplemental Type Certificate to use mogas,
and most users have it, but I know many who don't believe in paying
big $$ for a mere piece of paper and freely use the stuff.  Is the PFA
more to be feared than gov't enforcement here - which can be rather
heavy-handed if caught?  :-)

Reg,
Fred F.