Europa-List: NSI/Subaru MOGAS Clearance

Subject: Europa-List: NSI/Subaru MOGAS Clearance
From: Tim Butterworth <Tim.Butterworth@cvluk.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:48:01

Hi,

I have just bought G-CHEB, a Subaru powered tri-gear. The plane is fantastic
(though
not a concourse winner, but that's not why I bought it!). Even after just
5 or 6 hours flying I love it.

As is the want with PFA aircraft I have a list of 'jobs' and one on the list was
to get cleared for MOGAS. As there was nothing in the log book to indicate it
had been cleared, I have contacted PFA - to find that non of the Subaru powered
aircraft have ever been cleared and therefore it can't be cleared.

Hmmm .... apparently I need to gather information from NSI and evidence of these
engines running on MOGAS and technical data to support the clearance. I guess
I can go down the path of finding the stuff I need, but am I the first here
to do this? What of any other Subaru users perhaps in the States? Do you have
US clearance information for MOGAS?

Is this going to be so painful that I just stick to AVGAS!?!?!?

Any help/guidance much appreciated ....

Tim Butterworth