Re: Europa-List: FW: Concorde

Subject: Re: Europa-List: FW: Concorde
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 11:24:53

----- Original Message -----
From: <DuaneFamly@aol.com>
Subject: : FW: Concorde
| Gerry,|
| Well, put. I guess that mine was more aimed at those that try to quell
| discussion, rather than an open discussion in a wider range.|
| I am presently at CopperState here in Arizona and am starting to hear some
| bad noise about aspects of European views on flying migrating here to the
US.
| Namely, privatizing many aspects of the FAA and FSS system. That would
lead to fees and charges for all the Wx info, Flight planning, etc. that are
now paid
| for with our taxes.|
| Mike Duane
| A207 XS Conventional gear

Quite right! .......and beware!    The scum who dictate givvermint policy
hre said they were ridding us of unneeded civservs in the federable air
works. What they did was sell what our taxes had paid for, at a billion or
so, to the redundant civservs (in essence), never changed the taxes, but
began to charge for filing plans, 'centralising' radio services, and landing
fees at (my) federal fields if you entered the fed building (where my
federal urinal is). The landing fees at "private" (another story) airports
began charging and the rip-off soared in earnest. On border entry, the
Customs folk were so ashamed, they came out to the aircraft so we wouldn't
have to enter a fedifice.
            Now, having mixed fed policing with dial-a-cop air traffic
operators, I expect there's a bonus for any bod who manages to charge an
aviator with a 'apprehended' misdemeanour. try and move that through the
courts! Sort of a traffic ticket bounty........
Ferg
A064