Europa-List: Engine Monitor

Subject: Europa-List: Engine Monitor
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:05:32

Craig

I am sending my reply out to the whole list because it is of general
interest.

I call Dynon again today.  This time regarding the engine monoter.  I ask if
they would be able to read the RPM to 6K.  The reply was that it will go to
7000.  Good !!!

The temperature probe that are being specked are for the Lycoming and
Continental. But other probes are available.  The "official" position is
that first they will not be advising for the Rotax engine.  Rotax support
will be announced after the engine monitor gets released.  Unofficially he
said that there is no design reason that it will not work on the Rotax.
Good !!!!

I can see a real good panel with one Dynon in front of each seat of the
airplane. Then switch the displays back and forth depending on who is PIC.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555