Re: Europa-List: Use of a Dynon in a Permit Aircraft

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Use of a Dynon in a Permit Aircraft
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:07:00

Peter, No doubt Jeremy (who is of course now the PFA or at least its
representative on earth) is shaping up to giving you a definitive ex
cathedra answer, but my understanding was that the PFA required an ASI, an
altimeter and a rev counter as proper steam age instruments and what else
you care to put in is entirely up to you. If your EFIS was a certified
instrument they might take it as a suitable substitute for any overlapping
functions but not otherwise.
Regards, David