Re: Europa-List: Tri gear Brake Problems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tri gear Brake Problems
From: Mark Burton <markb@ordern.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:19:51

Alan, Bob, etc.

> If perchance the master cylinder isn't brim full then the actuating push rod
> can disengage from the pedal push and lay in the cylinder bottom.

Yes, but if the master cylinder is brim full then the brakes can bind
when the fluid expands when the fluid temperature goes up. It's easy
to leave a little bit of slack when filling the master cylinder, just
stop the lever going all the way back to the end stop before putting
the plug back in. My brakes did tend to bind before I did that, now
they don't and the push rod hasn't disengaged itself either.

The above refers to tri-gear finger brakes.

Regards,

Mark