FW: Europa-List: Re Open Letter and New Europa

Subject: FW: Europa-List: Re Open Letter and New Europa
From: Jeremy Davey <EuropaFlyer3@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:44:20

"Now that it looks like we have past the lowest point in the Europa's
history so far, let us all work together whether in the club, on the forum
or in any other capacity to ensure that this great little aircraft has the
support it deserves."

If folks don't mind, I'd like to expand on Nigel's point quoted above with
some of my own thoughts.

I genuinely believe we are at a turning point for this little aircraft type.
Consider the following:

1) We have a new Factory operation that everyone believes can do the job
properly to the benefit of fliers, builders and newcomers to our community
2) Without wanting to pre-empt things, there is a realistic opportunity to
get Sport Plane wings for the US market, glider wings for the European
market, a Factory taildragger version for all markets, etc.
3) In the UK we have three Europa folks on the PFA's Executive Committee who
can ensure that the scope for using these wonderful planes to their fullest
is created over here
4) We have massive change going on in European aviation regulation - which
could lead to significant new capabilities over here to match the freedoms
our North American friends already have
5) From talking to a few folks, I believe there is now a much better
understanding around the world of the Club, its strengths, what it can do
and has done for the Europa community, and what is needed to benefit more
folks outside the UK
6) I see on this Forum a great willingness for everyone to pull together for
the benefit of all

The sooner I can get G-EZZA in the air and start having some of this fun,
the better! :-)

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey
Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA
Tail done
Standard XS wings with mods underway
CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)
1200 build hours to date
Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms