Re: Europa-List: Wiring query

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wiring query
From: Steven Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:06:11

So what have other Europa owners done about wires thro the firewall. Bob
Nuckolls article is very interesting although he is looking at metal
aircraft (no doubt the same philosophy applies to the phenolic firewall in
the Europa). Is the suggestion that 'firestop' putty is used and if so where
do you get it from.
Does the same idea apply where you use a bolt thro the wall - should this be
caulked in with putty? I was guided to put a threaded bar thro the firewall
for the positive and negative feeds (my battery is in the back) but no
mention was made of fire precautions.
As ever one question shows how large the knowledge gap is!!!!
Steve Pitt #403