Re: Europa-List: Re: fuel filter

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: fuel filter
From: nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:07:17

>Whilst I am on, I take it that most practical/and safest way of getting
clean fuel from a petrol station to the airfield is 6 or 7 10 litre plastic
cans. Seems a bit long winded? Any better alternatives?<

I used to use 20 litre plastic containers from the USA. There are some
concerns about static with larger containers and I know some years back
there was a fuel fire whilst refuelling a Europa.

I have since found the metal jerry cans to be best. Their slimmer shape
makes them easier to handle when full and the nozzle is easier to fit and
remove. There is also no need for a separate vent valve either. If an earth
strap is connected to the nozzle risk of static is minimised (I use the
negative side of my external power connection as it is near the fuel
filler). I would only buy new cans and store them either full or in a dry
environment to reduce chances of internal corrosion causing fuel
contamination.

Nigel Charles

Broadband from an unbeatable 15.99!

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/home.html?code=SM-NL-11AM