RE: Europa-List: Re: fuel filter

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: fuel filter
From: Neville Eyre <neville@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:47:12

Hi All,
Getting down to the fine print in U.K.Law, it is actually illegal to carry more
than 6 gallons in a car. The limit is 6 G, [2 of 2 Gallon plastic containers,
and 2 of 1 Gallon metal cans] No idea where this rule came from, I went through
this with the Fire Brigade years ago when I was transporting vast amounts of
fuel for a water ski club.
Old jerry cans will have the red lead paint lining coming off [ but you should
be filtering that out in the funnel anyway ?]Demon Tweeks do a stainless steel
version.
In my opinion, the plastic, 5 litre [ 1 Gallon] containers are best. no flakes
of paint or rust, and there is less chance of banging the fuselage when filling.
[ A bonus for those of you with company cars, keep a couple in the boot [
trunk],
and every time you put fuel in the car, sneak a bit into a can ?]
Cheers,
Nev.