Re: Europa-List: Done yet?, priming

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Done yet?, priming
From: kbcarpenter@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:29:43

I used Smooth Prime and it seemed to work well.  I finished with Top Gloss
and found it a lot of work. It required much sanding and buffing to get a
fair gloss(not a high gloss).  I decided I wanted to fly in this lifetime
and called it quits on more buffing.  In two years it still looks about the
same.  Polyfiber has discontinued Top Gloss and now recommends Aeropoxy.
Recently I had need to repaint a couple areas one on the cowl and one on the
wing(damage from experiments and hanger rash).  The patched areas look good
and are hard to find except they look better than the rest of the finish.
If I had it to do over, I would go with Aeropoxy or maybe Imron.
Flightcrafters finished my glider wings  with an automobile equivalent of
Imron.  They look fantastic after about eight months use.
ken Carpenter
A123  N9XS   mono 914