Re: Europa-List: Done yet?, priming

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Done yet?, priming
From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:05:26

Hi Paul,
        I used smooth prime on my fuselage and used Sherwin Williams
"Concept" to finish it off.  The key is to let the smooth prime "dry"
completely.  Mine was at least 30 days before I put Sherwin Williams
primer on and then finish coat.  I actually did a different type of
application.  I did a wet-on-wet application.  The primer went on and
then about 20 minutes later I had the finish color coat applied.  Its
been two years + and it looks as good today as it did  the first day.

Jim Nelson
N15JN