RE: Europa-List: Hanger manoeuvres in tight spaces ! ; )

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Hanger manoeuvres in tight spaces ! ; )
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 15:14:47

Have you considered a solution I have seen used at Newtownards (Northern
Ireland).  They use a ramp and platform, equipped with a electric winch
positioned between the wingtips of two parked aircraft.  The third aircraft
is winched up onto the platform so it sits with its wings above the other
two.  This was being done with the two seat Jabiru.  If the surface level
aircraft are low wing and the upper mid or high wing the platform only needs
to be a few inches high to give plenty of clearance.

I was impressed with this as a bit of lateral thinking

Ian Rickard  #505 G-IANI  XS Trigear
Waiting for my Permit to Fly
e-mail g-iani@ntlworld.com