Europa-List: PFA Rally - Free Taxi Service - Get into the Rally for

Subject: Europa-List: PFA Rally - Free Taxi Service - Get into the Rally for
From: DaveBuzz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 15:04:43
free

Posted on behalf of Frank Mycroft - please contact him direct:
frankm@clara.net
###################
PFA  Rally  -  Free Taxi Service  -  Get into the Rally for free

There is a notice about this in the Europa Flyer, but, for various reasons
beyond
the control of David Watts, the Flyer is going out about a month later that
I had expected and the situation is now urgent if the Europa Club are not to
let the PFA down..

Last year, at very short notice, the Europa Club provided drivers for a very
successful
Bus Service at the PFA Rally.  However, although the weather was perfect
and the Rally was a great success as an event, financially it was not a success,
and all those involved have been asked to see where they can cut costs.
Hiring two buses was quite expensive, so I put out feelers to those who drove
last year about whether they would be prepared to use their own cars, being
re-imbursed only for fuel.  The response was very positive so I have decided to
go ahead on that basis.  Being a driver makes you a Rally Worker and you will
get into the Rally free.

I am therefore looking for more volunteer drivers prepared to use their own cars
to form a taxi rank from 4.30 to 6.30 on Friday and/or Saturday evenings, and
(and this is essential for the plan to work) to pick up the same people and
bring them back to the Rally the following morning.  This means that drivers
will
have to be staying on site or lodging in the vicinity to be able to do the
morning run.

This will be a FREE taxi service so for insurance purposes you will be driving
for pleasure, and it really is a pleasure to give a lift to grateful foreign
flyers,
or others who have come a long way by air to the Rally.  Many of you will
be flying in to the Rally, and I would not want to be the cause of reduced
numbers of Europas on display, but perhaps if you are flying in you can persuade
your better half to bring your car along so that you can have the best of both
worlds.

If you would like to help in this way please drop me an e-mail a.s.a.p at
frankm@clara.net
telling me whether you will be able to do Friday evening + Saturday
morning or Saturday evening + Sunday morning, or even both.  Let me know your
car registration and seating capacity, and also your home address, phone number
and mobile number.  7-seater vehicles will be preferred, but we may have to
work with some 5-seaters.  I will reply quickly to your e-mail with further
information.

Frank Mycroft     G-BWYD