Re: NACA vent placement (was RE: Europa-List: Gel Coat)

Subject: Re: NACA vent placement (was RE: Europa-List: Gel Coat)
From: Alexander Kaarsberg <kaarsber@terra.com.br>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 07:03:44

The intention with a NACA duct is to get as much air as possible by creating as
little drag as possible, by shaping the intake so, that the air goes into a
divergent
duct converting some of the dynamic pressure to static pressure- in accordance
with the priniples of our old friend Bernoille....
Difficult to believe it will be as efficient in reverse...but it should give
some
vacuum and would keep the rain from pouring in......
Alex #529-on hold awaiting time to build....