RE: NACA vent placement (was RE: Europa-List: Gel Coat)

Subject: RE: NACA vent placement (was RE: Europa-List: Gel Coat)
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 18:11:28

OK, I'll try this again.  The first page at the hyperlink is the page of
interest.  Everything else at that URL is of academic interest only (sorry
about the bad pun - I couldn't help myself).  My suggestion was that the air
flow behind the NACA inlet corresponds to the water flow in the photo at the
top of that page and the "vacuum" line from the drum corresponds to the
exhaust duct in the aircraft.  To make this work it would be necessary to
dump the flow from the straight line behind the NACA duct overboard
(presumably in a low pressure area).

Just for fun check out the video at the "Show movie" link at the bottom of
the page.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Europa XS Tri-Gear A070