Re: Europa-List: First few hours N378PJ

Subject: Re: Europa-List: First few hours N378PJ
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:31:15

> I have thought about trying to post my builders diary out there
> somewhere, but it is HUGE.  Y2002 is 29MB, Y2003 is 108MB, Q1-Y2004 is
> 143MB and Q2-Y2004 is 118MB.  If anyone out there has any
> ideas/suggestions, I'd be happy to discuss them.
>
> Good building and fantastic flying,
> Bob Borger

I guess this is because you have lots of hi resolution pictures taking up 1,
2 or even three mB each. The resolution on a computer screen is such that a
cut down file size of about 150k is at the best resolution that can be
displayed. All bigger and better resolutions are a waste and just waste
bandwidth when accessing the site.

Pictures should be made smaller in file size before uploading to your web
site.

Comments from me - without a broadband connection. (ISDN only). However even
with a Broadband connection 3mB files take longer than you want to wait !
Especially if there are 50 to arrive !

Just my two  worth !

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, High Cross
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)