Re: Europa-List: Throttle cables

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Throttle cables
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:12:53

I went a different route, I dispensed with the built up throttle box. I
built up the center console slightly and installed a verneir type throttle.
Hence no throttle creep. The single cable goes up to the firewall  and I
manufactured a single to dual cable yoke the resides on the face of the
firewall.  The double cables are now extremely short and all of the working
mechanism is now on the front face of the firewall.  There is nothing
pertaining to the throttle that needs to be worked on under the console or
in the wheel.  It is really clean and open down there.  I did this after
seeing an installation that Phoenix Composites did on another Europa.  I
haven't put this in service yet to operationally check it out. Busy working
on a trailer to bring the plane somewhere where I start it up and do engine
checks.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa, AZ