Re: Europa-List: Throttle cables

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Throttle cables
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 19:55:32

The problem I had was getting the lever to turn on the nylon at all (this
was with nylon washers cut from sheet).
Instead, the steel washers preferred to turn under the head of the nuts.
Solved by welding the nuts to the washers and Loctiting the nuts.

So far so good; just hoping the whole thing doesn't have to be adjusted too
frequently. Emergency wooden wedge (2.5g weight) carried in cockpit to
prevent throttle creep, if needed!

Duncan McF.