Re: Europa-List: to build or not to build

Subject: Re: Europa-List: to build or not to build
From: Brad Newell <wendigo@olympus.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 06:10:11

Hi, Cliff...

I've been watching the discussion about whether or not to build, and I've
got a couple of comments that I'd like to make.

For anyone interested, I got my aircraft off the same truck that Cliff did.
Cliff has just finished the 40-hour restriction - and I'm still screwing
around with the left wing (which is almost completed).  Personally, I
believe that experienced, knowledgeable folks could conceivably build one of
these machines in 500 hours.  Most people are more like me.  I believe that
when I am done I will have spent about 500 hours actually working on the
thing - but several thousand hours contemplating my next move at each step.
The left wing has taken nearly two years for me; the next should not take
over two months.  It has been of immeasurable value to have someone like
Cliff available not too far away as a consultant. First time builders should
consider whether or not there is support in their local area.

At any rate, congratulations, Cliff.

Brad