Re: Europa-List: to build or not to build

Subject: Re: Europa-List: to build or not to build
From: tom@tompaul.com <tom@tompaul.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:38:09

Wow, thanks to all for the candid advice.  Not one of you has said "go
ahead and build it, the factory build-time estimates are correct, it is
not that hard, go for it"

Damn.  It seems that this project should be the only pastime i would
have for the next few years, otherwise, i may end up resenting it and
not finishing it.
I want to clarify one point i made in my original post:  I do enjoy
building things.   I have done a lot of work on my house by myself,
including installing a jacuzi and a deck, putting in skylights (no
leaks!) and as a teenager i repowered a toyota landcruiser with a
smallblock chevy V8 and drove it for 6 years.  I am very able to do
this and i enjoy the process of creating.   My concern is not that i
would like the build, just that is would become an obsession (my
personality) and it would displace other healthy things in my life,
like career focus and the like.

Well, so far the response has me unanimously "don't do it" in the
agregate.  Please keep the thoughts coming.  I really do appreciate all
of your comments.  This is a hard one to let go of, but i do want to be
realistic and learn from the experience of my fellow fliers.

Maybe this will be for sale soon.  Any interest?

Best,

Tom