Europa-List: to build or not to build

Subject: Europa-List: to build or not to build
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:18:50

Tom,

You have two big minuses against you: 1) your girlfriend isn't really
interested,
2) your workshop is too far from home. To be successful (i.e. finish a
homebuilt)
your workshop needs to be right next to your house or in the house, some
people have built their Europa in an apartment. To keep the interest going you
need to spend some time in the workshop almost every day, even if you are not
building, you need to read the manual and do a lot of advance planning. Another
reason why the workshop should be as cozy as possible. I also agree regarding
the 914. You are a long way from the Rockies, and you should always weigh
upALL of the pros and cons: the most expensive is not always the best.

My advice: Use your build hours instead to make a lot of extra money in your
career
and get someone else (Flightcrafters ?) to finish your kit. Not the ideal
solution, but in your case it guarantees completion and to a high standard in
a reasonable timeframe.

p.s. the Europa is not certified to do aerobatics, although some pilots do the
standard positive g maneuvers like rolls and loops, but only when no-one is
looking.

Karl
Stay in touch better and keep protected online with MSNs NEW all-in-one Premium
Services. Find out more here.