Re: Europa-List: Europa 912 : Lowish in-flight oil pressure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa 912 : Lowish in-flight oil pressure
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:49:36

>One has had to change his Oil Pressure Sender twice now on a 912S. The most
recent time was at about 260 hours and in this case it was over reading.<

I have had to change my oil pressure sender once. When it failed it just
indicated zero. I believe these senders suffer a lot from vibration.
Although I haven't done it yet, it might be worth mounting it remotely from
the engine using rubber hose. This was suggested once before. Has anyone any
experience of this? Although it increases the number of pipe connections it
should improve sender reliability.

Nigel Charles