Re: Europa-List: Need some cockpit module help

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Need some cockpit module help
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:59:42

In a message dated 4/19/2004 7:27:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
topglock@cox.net writes:

> I can't seem to find any lines on the rear bulkhead of the cockpit
> module.  I'm needing assistance in determining where to cut it off.
> Pics in the manual seem to show it cut at the same height as the top of
> the pitch rod tunnel.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Neville told me to cut the rear of the CM even with the top of the tunnel.
> Actually, I trimmed mine slightly higher (3/16") than the tunnel so that the

> baggage bay creates a lip slightly higher than the tunnel top to hold panels

> in place that I made that cover my main gear area. When the panels are in
> place I have a continuous floor from the back of the seat to the rear
> bulkhead.

If you cut your CM any higher you're just reducing your baggage bay area.
Later on, when you bond > in the baggage bay, you'll use your pitch push rod as
> guide to get the angle of the baggage bay and the proper clearance for the
> pitch push rod. By taping a piece of 3/4" stock (plywood, 1x4, etc) to the
> pushrod and resting the baggage bay on it, you'll establish the proper
> clearance

> for the pitch push rod and the appropriate angle for mounting the baggage
> bay at the same time. You'll also have to trin the forward vertical flange of

> the baggage bay to fit around the tunnel.

I've seen some that left it up 2" or more above the tunnel, but I can't see
any reason to do so.