Re: Europa-List: Need some cockpit module help

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Need some cockpit module help
From: Rocketman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:54:57

Kevin Klinefelter wrote:

>In newsletter 30 they say to trim level with the tunnel. I trimmed 1/4"
>higher and put a couple layers of bid to finish the joint that is otherwise
>well bonded with redux. The higher you trim the module above the tunnel the
>more you reduce the baggage volume.
>
>Kevin, A211 mono 914, priming flaps and ailerons with smoothprime.

Thanks for the quick reply, everyone and to John for the very helpful
picture of his module, off list.  I'll clip it just about tunnel level,
maybe a fraction above.

While I have you folks on the phone, I'm building my mono as a tri-gear
and I don't have the manual, or parts, for the tri-gear, yet (due next
month).  What, if anything, should be changed before installing the CP
module?  What about the mud flap that goes in the mono wheel bay?  Is it
included in the tri-gear version?  I don't have the brake M/C's yet,
either.  Would it be better to wait until everything else arrives,
before bonding in the module?  And finally, does the flap control system
work the same, in the tri-gear?  I know that it is actuated,
electrically, but is the mechanism connecting the parts, the same in
both models?

Sorry to be so full of questions, but I'm really loving this build and
look forward to flying A055, ASAP... :)

Again, thanks in advance for any help...

--
Jeff A055
Builders Log: http://www.N55XS.com