Re: Europa-List: ventilation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: ventilation
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 15:59:16

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Roberts" <jeff@rmmm.net>

| on 3/9/04 2:58 PM, Richard at riddon@btinternet.com wrote:

| > did fit them but the threaded peg on which the 'nut' turns on both sides
| > has broken and had to be fixed.  If doing it again I would probably look
| > for something else.  I feel they are a poor design.
| The functional design of these seams to be a good one. Has anyone ever
tried
| to machine a metal replacement for the plastic nut and screw that
continues
| to break.
| Jeff
| A258

Cheers,
        I replied to similar over another thread. the duct itself is a
proven design, and I copied mine from a Rutan drawing of the original. It
became a 10"x3" inlet and works even at slow speeds (automobile test). The
inlet at that size feeds a sympathetic 2" duct exactly. I made mine from a
Cedar plug which takes wax very well and will produce several copies very
easily - then make a 3"x1" recangular to 2" diameter circular cross-section
to fit the ducting. Produces a very strong current of air which can be
throttled or otherwise controlled for cockpit hot/cold.
http://www.crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk/Misc/Misc.htm
Cheers
Ferg