RE: Europa-List: ventilation

Subject: RE: Europa-List: ventilation
From: Richard <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:58:14

Paul,

I worked out the position from pictures and advice from the factory then
cut the holes to suit the bit which ends up flush with the outer skin.
Positioned them in the holes with runny flox and laid up two bid layers
round the edges inside to fix them.

I asked a similar question before doing this and had several members who
advised me not to fit them but to look for alternative ventilation.  I
did fit them but the threaded peg on which the 'nut' turns on both sides
has broken and had to be fixed.  If doing it again I would probably look
for something else.  I feel they are a poor design.

Regards.

Richard Iddon. G-RIXS (just completing 25 hours service).