Re: Europa-List: cotter pins

Subject: Re: Europa-List: cotter pins
From: John & Amy Eckel <eckel1@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:33:52

Peter,
You bring up a good point and I had wondered about this.
The Europa does use a castle nut at the base of the stick at
a point where a tight fit would prevent the movement of the
stick. All the areas where a self-locking nuts are used is on
a rod end bearing where tightening the nut does affect the friction
of the parts.
I looked in AC 43-13, page 7-11, para 7-64d.  It states that
self-locking nuts may be used in this situation.
I will have to call my counselor to discuss this.
Thanks to everyone who responded.
John Eckel, A230