Re: Europa-List: XS Trigear rudder cable alignment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: XS Trigear rudder cable alignment
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:47:10

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info. I've experimented with a few different materials for
fairleads, various kinds of tubing, phenolic, etc. Neville said to use the black

brake line tubing that came with the kit. It would probably work, but the
nylon ones that Spruce has seem to have the lowest friction by far. I'm putting
set in the rear bulkhead, at the tower on a plywood spreader, and in the
tunnel where the rudder cable passes the gas tank. Sure don't want that rudder

cable slapping the gas tank! I'm also putting turnbuckles just behind the
baggage

bay supports where they will be accessible from the access hole in the
bulkhead. I might end up putting another set at the baggage bay supports if the

turnbuckles want to slap the floor.

Hope you can make our fly-in! The Purple Martins are in residence at our
field along about that time. They make it very pleasant to be outdoors. (no
skeeters)

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN
A-245 (getting all the little tidbits done before the top goes on)