Europa-List: XS Trigear rudder cable alignment

Subject: Europa-List: XS Trigear rudder cable alignment
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:06:43

Greetings all,

In an effort to get everything done before the top goes on I've been looking
at the rudder cable alignment. The manual calls for fairleads to be installed
in the rear bulkhead 1 3/8" left and right of the centerline and the same
distance from the floor as measured at the centerline. It also calls for the
starboard rudder cable to exit 13" from the horn, which is essentially at the
hinge

line. This alignment appears to make the rudder cable change course at the
bulkhead by about 15 degrees to starboard. Is this correct? I plan to use nylon

fairleads to reduce friction, but will I have a binding problem?

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN

A-245 (wiring, sanding, eyeballing, head scratching in prep for bonding on
the lid)