Europa-List: oil cooler hose

Subject: Europa-List: oil cooler hose
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:08:11

>"paul stewart" <paul-d.stewart@virgin.net>
>Subject: Europa-List: oil cooler hose
>

>Given that the manual give the option of mounting the oil cooler 2" lower
>to improve
>oil cooling and my understanding is that cooling can be an issue with the
>914, have folk fitted their oil coolers flush against the cooling duct or the
>optional lower position?

Paul
have a look at the way Pay McA did it. We smoothed out the duct somewhat
then took the "lower oil cooler" option. The duct should be completely
blocked by radiators IMHO, there's no point having a 2 inch gap at the
bottom letting valuable pressure escape. I will attach a picture for you
separately.
Paul hasn't flow yet but I suspect he will be able to reduce the inlet size
and get even better pressure recovery. That will mean less drag.
Graham

---