Re: Europa-List: oil cooler hose

Subject: Re: Europa-List: oil cooler hose
From: kbcarpenter@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:50:15

I moved my oil radiator down to the cowl surface.  I also closed off about
half of the opening under the water radiator.  This forces most of the air
through the water radiator first.  That has helped a lot but climb needs to
be at airspeed of 110 MPH to keep everything cool.
I used Teflon hose from the lower crankcase banjo fitting to the oil
tank.(also hose from turbo pump outlet to oil tank).  The hose is covered
with woven stainless steel cover.  The other hoses around the engine have
fire sleeve.
Ken Carpenter