RE: Europa-List: oil cooler hose

Subject: RE: Europa-List: oil cooler hose
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:30:40

>> have folk fitted their oil coolers flush against the cooling duct or
the optional lower position?

I moved mine lower. You'll need to change the angled fitting on the
radiator for a straight one, orderable from Europa, and open up the hole
in the support a bit. It'll also help if you use some baffle to seal off
the sides of the radiators so the air flows through them and not around
them.

>> Also the manual has picures of nice looking SS braided oil hose
attached to the oil tank not the black rubber stuff supplied with
enginse and FWF kit. I seem to remember threads about oil hoses can
anyone enlighten me?

I used high temp racing hose rather than the black stuff and covered it
with firesleeve where it passes close to the engine.

Tony