Re: Europa-List: mono vs. trigear

Subject: Re: Europa-List: mono vs. trigear
From: DaveBuzz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:50:20

Hello Morten,

  The main reason you dont hear much from monowheel fliers is because we are all
off enjoying ourselves so much! There are dozens, probably over a hundred, monos
flying worldwide now and yes, some have been converted to tri/conventional
taildragger, but the rest are happily flying around quietly, quickly and cheaply
and giving their owners a great deal of (aviation) pleasure.

    Yes, it can be interesting on landing/takeoff with certain wind conditions,
thats where experience comes into it (there are a few first time fliers who
built,
learnt on and still operate their mono) but I have NEVER come to the end
of a flight and worried that I might have difficulties on landing.

  My 912, 80Hp classic mono is great: I decided with my heart, bought somehow..
and operate it with my head (and feet!) and can honestly say that I have never
had so much fun as these last three weekends flying, especially yesterday coming
back to the UK from Switzerland via Lichtenstein, Austria, Germany and France;
2 stops and 5 hours flying.

  The only recommendation I can make is: Join the Europa Club
(www.europaclub.org.uk) and meet up with people who have gone through a similar
decision as you are now considering.

All the best,
dave bosomworth
kit67
g-bxum

<<Any one out there who can help me make up my  mind? It canges from day to
day..
I really don't want to build an aircraft which I can't handle...
Regards!
Morten>>