Re: Europa-List: Oil Level

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Oil Level
From: Carl & Dot <carlp@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:11:26

Another solution might be to ensure the levels are correct (ie check after
flight that oil is between  marks on dipstick) and then check oil when level
has dropped (ie : siphoned back into sump).

Once you know what this level is then mark the dipstick at that point (
grind a small notch using a grinding stone)

Then one can safely check the levels before flight and not risk burning your
fingers afterwards.