Re: Europa-List: Oil Level

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Oil Level
From: William Mills <combined.merchants@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 07:05:55

Hi Peter,
Mine (Classic / 912) does the same, in fact it is worse since I relocated
the oil cooler beneath the gearbox.  Also I find when I run at the new top
level, I lose some oil out of the tank.  I assume some oil naturally drains
down to the crankcase sump when the engine stands after running.  To save
time I sometimes check the oil after a flight in stead of the D. I. before
the next one.
Best wishes,
William