Re: Europa-List: Keeping 914 Fuel Pump running

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Keeping 914 Fuel Pump running
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:53:34

In a message dated 6/27/2003 6:22:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fillinger@ameritech.net writes:

> note that Dave didn't get 2 hours of 3A pumping on a 7 Ah battery,
> terminating at 10+ volts per that usual spec, because it may be based on
> a 20-hour discharge rate.

I suspect my battery is needing replacing. It seems to lose its charge faster
than it should. I was still pumping away at the 1 hour point though,  and got
tired of watching it. I think a good condition battery will make the 2 hours.
I don't want to over kill this situation -- just keep the airplane running
and get it on the ground.

The 727 when down to standby power -- battery back up for the electrical
system -- minimum essential equipment -- lasts for 30 minutes. Get it on the
ground!

Dave A.