RE: Europa-List: Tri-gear bungee tightening

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tri-gear bungee tightening
From: STOUT GARRY V CSFF2 <garrys@att.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:24:20

IMHO the trigear bungee cord arrangement is "Mickey Mouse" as we say
here in the States.  After four years of mucking about with every
conceivable cord arrangement and tension, I still wasn't satisfied.  My
final and permanent fix was to eliminate the bungee cord and clamp the
thing together so there is zero "shock" or movement.  My logic was that
there is shock absorption in the tire itself, and also in the flexing of
the nose gear leg too.  If I ever slam the nose into the ground such
that the force exceeds the ability of the tire and gear leg to absorb
it............then I deserve whatever damage results.  Try it, you'll
like it!

Garry V. Stout  A060, N4220S

Mark Hi!