Re: Europa-List: Tri-gear bungee tightening

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tri-gear bungee tightening
From: Gerry Holland <gnholland@onetel.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:45:04

Mark Hi!

> Does anyone have a smart way of getting the nose-leg bungee tensioned?
> I find it awfully difficult to get enough tension into the bungee.

NO!

It is definitely a 2 man job. One to pull down and one to hold or 'lock' as
the bungee is further wound on.

Space is the other consideration. I have removed all the area corresponding
to the Monowheel space and it's covered by a flush cover. That gives me an
access area of at least 10" X 15". Flush some additional space above this in
the area immediately around Front Leg hinge.

Another observation is that 150 kgs seems very hard to obtain when tested
without Tail-plane and Wings attached. i.e. Only Engine and Prop weights
taken into consideration.

Hopefully Neville may see this request of yours and add some of his wisdom!
God help us!!

Regards

Gerry

Gerry Holland